In the developmental years, parents are the key to helping their children build a healthy and durable sense of self.
A healthy self-esteem is dependent upon positive experiences that shape and affirm a sense of self-efficacy and self-respect, in six crucial areas:
• Instilling a sense of PHYSICAL SAFETY in your child—both at home and in school
• Building your child’s EMOTIONAL SECURITY—and safeguarding him or her from alcohol and drug use
• Creating a secure, sound IDENTITY — "Who Am I?" can be answered with confidence
• Developing a healthy sense of BELONGING and friendship—without the need for self-destructive bonds
• Helping your child feel CAPABLE—a sense of COMPETENCE ensures an attitude of "I can do it!"
• Helping your child set and achieve worthwhile goals—to gain a real PURPOSE in life
Self-efficacy and self-respect are dual pillars important in the construct of self-worth—and their development must be primarily internally derived if authenticity is to result. In this book you’ll find the tools to help your kids—from toddlers to teenagers—do just that!
"A healthy sense of self-esteem is one
of the greatest gifts parents can give their children. This book is a
powerful tool in the hands of parents who apply its insights and strategies."
"Parents: Read this book now so later
you won’t have to say, ‘I wish I had known about that.’ This
book is full of specific ideas to help you and your children feel and
do better now."